Musical Note of the Week from Anita!
Ever feel relieved after all the Christmas programs are over? J …only to be overwhelmed at the thought of the New Year? There’s the challenge of re-enlisting attendees, and replacing volunteer teachers, and oh, yeah, there’s a spring program to plan! Here are a few suggestions and thoughts to help you re-group, re-focus, and ignite that excitement needed for the New Year.
- Take a few days off and don’t worry about it (and don’t feel guilty for not doing anything!) read more….
- Designate a day to sit down and let the creative and organization juices flow! (Gee, do those two words go together.)
- Take a page of paper and write down all the items “to do,” all the creative ideas you would like to do…the ones you never had the guts or energy to get done, and then prioritize the “to dos,” and narrow the new ideas ones to several you think you can implement. Sometimes new ideas are more energizing than repeating old stuff!
- Plan a big New Year Choir Kick Off! Some of my favorites:
- Picture yourself in January. (Take a huge group pic the first night back in January and duplicate these pics and give to children the subsequent week. If kids come two weeks in a row, they are well on their way to a good attendance habit.
- Jammin’ in January! Let everyone come and wear their Jam’s (PJ’s or surfin shorts!)